Lemon Olive Oil Cake
Light and airy with strong notes of fresh lemon. This is sure to impress your next dinner guests.
Difficulty level: 2
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal (or almond flour)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup Simply Divine Whole Fruit Lemon Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp. Sherry (optional)
- 1⁄2 tsp. almond extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 and mist a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place flour, almond meal, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the olive oil, milk, egg, sherry(if using), and almond extract in a smaller bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan then turn out onto a cooling rack
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Prep time: 0:40 hr:min